Our Organisation and Obligations
Investor Property and its related entities, subsidiaries and their Employees and Contractors are bound by the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principals (APPs). The APPs regulate the way we handle information.
The kinds of personal information that this entity collects and holds is as follows:
- Your name, residential or business address, contact phone numbers, email address
- Family details
- Employment details
- Financial information, including assets, liabilities, outgoings, TICA reports
- Insurance details
- Banking information
- Sensitive information
- Copies of photo identification including, driver’s licence, passport, other ID or any other personal information relevant to the services we are providing to you
Methods of Collection and Holding Personal Information
The following methods of collecting and holding personal information are used by this entity:
- We aim to collect personal information directly from you
- We may also collect personal information from;
- From your representative (e.g. solicitor, accountant or financial adviser)
- Through our website and by other electronic communication channels
- When sent to us by email or other communication from third parties
- From public available sources of information including social media
- When you transact with any of our offices or representatives and or employees
- When we are required by law to do so
- When you complete or enter promotions and/or, surveys
- From our own records
If you supply personal information to us about another person you represent and we accept it on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
Each time you visit our website our server collects information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using, the address of the website you have come from and move to after your visit, the date and time of your visit and your server’s IP address. We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our Website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits and most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve the Website’s performance.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our Websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit the Website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the Website. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen.
Links on our Website may take you outside our network. These links are provided in good faith. However, we are not responsible for third party sites and accept no responsibility for the content, accuracy, security or function of third party sites.
Use of Data
The purposes for which this entity collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information is as outlined below:
- So as to provide and perform our business activities in order to provide to you a high level of customer service
- To provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services
- To assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- To conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies, contractors, service providers or other third parties.
- For the administration, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes.
- To provide your updated information to our related bodies, contractors or service providers
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you and
- To comply with any law or regulation
Investor Property may disclose your personal information as outlined below to:
- Our Employees
- Service Providers
- Fulfilling requests by you
- And to provide services to you such as;
- Web hosting, IT systems administrators, debt collectors, professional advisers
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes and any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with the information collected by any of our related bodies corporate with Australia.
We will also use your personal information to contact you by means of any officer, contractor or employee or agent in relation to any properties, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you.
In providing your personal information you consent to us collecting, storing and using your personal information in the manner set out above and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to our related bodies corporate and each of their officers, contractors and employees and agents who may collect, store and use your personal information as above.
You acknowledge and agree that this consent is effective consent for the purpose of the Do Not Call Register Act 2006, Spam Act 2003, Privacy Act 1988 and National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and is deemed to be for an indefinite period, unless you advise otherwise. If the information is not provided we may not be in a position to provide an effective service to you.
If you require more information please contact us on the below information.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, email, SMS, fax and personal delivery, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication we will endeavour to use that method whenever possible to do so. You may choose at any time to
opt-out of receiving any marketing materials or communications from us by contacting us using the below details, or by using the unsubscribe/opt-out options provided in such communications.
Access and correction
An individual may access personal information about the individual that is held by this entity and seek the correction of such information as outlined below:
At any time you may request us to provide to you, your personal information that we hold about you. We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 30 days of receiving your request. We may charge a small administrative cost to cover any expense we may incur in providing your information to you.
If you believe for any reason that we are holding incorrect or inaccurate data about you, you may request us to correct the information. If we do not agree that the information is incorrect or inaccurate then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with the information that we hold.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure we do not hold information without reasonable cause. We will destroy your personal information as and when it is no longer required for our business activities.
An individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds the entity, and how this entity will deal with such a complaint is detailed below:
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our current Complaints Handling Policy.
Investor Property does not disclose your personal information to organisations overseas.
However, our data hosting and other IT service providers are located in various countries and other third parties may be located in various foreign countries.
How to contact Investor Property Pty Ltd: